Tuesday, September 16, 2008

One Missed Call

I was so tired this afternoon that I fell asleep. Without realising, a friend of mine texted me twice. Suddenly, a ring on my phone woke me up. I was a little bit too late to answer the call, hence a missed call.

So, I saw there were two texts apart from a miss call. All from the very same friend. The first text was telling me how sick is she, how she's dying then and how she's going to handle all the work. The second text was just a random one. 

I replied both the text and was waiting for her reply since I had a question for her in my text. Waiting and waiting... still, there's no reply. Therefore I sent her another text which ends like this "... don't tell me you miss call-ed me to let me know you're dying!"

Instantly, I got a phone call from her. She was laughing and at the same time telling me, "Hey! If I was dying hor, what can you do now?!?!"

Yea hor! What can I do? I couldn't help but to laugh with her. Haha! 

If someone was dying and sent you such text, what would you do? I just want to know out of curiousity. :P

9 comments:

eastcoastlife said...

I would try to locate the person and rush to his/her side.

Lucky you dun have my HP number. haha....

Kok said...

ecl,
If that person is not in the same country as you, how? hahaha

Hah? Why lucky I don't have your number???

Anonymous said...

That is so not funny. I will seriously be a little offended if my friend scares me like that. Heard of the story 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf'?
But that's just me.

Kok said...

cc,
She didn't mean to miss call me lah. She actually tried to call me but then, she was caught up with something, so she hanged up. And coincidently, the text she sent me was about her "dying" because of all the work that the had to complete. So, I actually joked with her and asked whether she miss called me just to tell me she was dying.

Maybe I didn't clarify it well enough...

Shionge said...

I'll be frantic but calm down and call them immediately. I'll go all out to establish why they are dying.

Dalicia said...

oh if someone did that..i will call them back immediately. nice of them to think about me during their dying moment

Kok said...

shionge: Yes, calm is the word! You need to stay calm when you encounter such situation...

dalicia: You're back!:D

Yaya, it's actually nice for a person to think of you when he/she is dying! But not many will do that except your close one. hehe.

wmw said...

Well, if I got to talk to her/him, I will go over (but sometimes they might not want you to be there). But if I was in the same scenario, I would have panicked and thought that person had died since no news.

Kok said...

wmw,
My friend is in Australia. Don't think I can fly there. haha!

ss_blog_claim=29bb6acd33b9095378284832592ed8c6 ss_blog_claim=29bb6acd33b9095378284832592ed8c6