Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hardworking or Stupid or...

Aiyo! I don't know whether they're hardworking or they're stupid or...

Courtesy of www.shmopstore.com

Everytime when I was walking around the supermarkets here in Miri, I'm sure there's someone mopping the floor. Yes, mopping the floor when people are shopping! 

I'm sure everyone knows that we should mop the floor when people are not walking around, wait for the floor to dry before people can step on the floor again. If not, the floor would get dirty again no matter how many times you mop. 

However, these cleaners in the supermarket don't seem to understand or they just act don't know. They mop the floor when people is walking. Definitely, the people would step on the cleaned floor and hence, dirty the floor again. What's the point of mopping the floor if that's the case? I seriously have no idea...

They should sweep and mop the floor before the supermarket opens or closes. Either it's early in the morning or late at night when there're no people in the supermarket. I remember last time in uni, the cleaners clean the library, computer lab, lecture hall and etc. at about 5a.m.. They clean the whole place when there is no people around (except some crazy students who stay up till the next morning. That includes me. ;)) That's the right way to work! 

I think the cleaners in Miri just don't like to work early in the morning or late at night. Or, they really like to mop the floor again and again and again? Or... they don't even know wet floor gets dirty when someone steps on it? Hmm...

11 comments:

ilene said...

Not only in Miri lah! The same applies to my office building. At peak hours of about 8:20a.m. when people are coming in to the building, the cleaners are mopping the floor! They place the signboard indicating "BEWARE WET FLOOR" but what's the point? Like you say, the floor is going to be covered with black marks when we walk over it! tish! tish! tish! Simply a waste of energy!

wmw said...

Uh...unless the floor is made dirty by people eg. I saw someone broke a whole tray of eggs. That would be messy! Eeee....so mop loh...

Dalicia said...

they think as long as i mopped the floor. my job is done. well,
at least it was clean for a minute or so. how many times do they mop anyway?

Kok said...

ilene: Huh? I thought it only happens in Miri. Yea, it's just a taste of energy. Mop and dirty and mop. Why not they do it early in the morning or late in the evening? Duh!

wmw: Yea, if that's the case, then mop. I don't understand why they mop when it's not even dirty and end up, the floor getting dirtier...

dalicia: I have to agree with you on that. They just think after mop, their job is done!

Anonymous said...

Ahaaaa ..I noticed that too! Come to think of that, it's really useless to mop when people is walking around :)

eastcoastlife said...

In Singapore too. The cleaners mopped and I dare not step on the clean floor, so I walk along the side of the wall... :)

Kok said...

hn: Welcome here!

Yea, it's totally waste of energy to wipe floor when people is stepping on it again.

ecl: I thought only in Miri. Now I know more places are like that. :P

If they wipe the whole places, how? You have to float on top of the floor ah? haha!

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the cleaners at Parkson? After mopping, they will use cardboard to fan the floor so that it dries faster. 1 person mop, 3 persons "fan" the floor.

Unknown said...

the tidak apa attitude. they should close the floor partially.

Kok said...

mim: Ah! You remind me of that! I couldn't remember where I saw it... Parkson ah? Don't you think it's a waste of energy? Might as well they mop the floor early or late at night. 4 persons mopping the floor, faster finish mah. Somemore, shining clean!

quachee: In Miri hor, even if you close it partially, the shoppers will step on it. So, no use also. haha!

site said...

I totally match with anything you have written.

ss_blog_claim=29bb6acd33b9095378284832592ed8c6 ss_blog_claim=29bb6acd33b9095378284832592ed8c6